Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Garden of the Gods: Montezuma's Tower lacking opposable thumbs

Montezuma's Tower, Garden of the Gods

Since there were a lack of TR's the last weekend, I figured I'd post this quick TR for your viewing enjoyment. Since I lack opposable thumbs, I wasn't allowed to climb even though I am way better of a climber than all of the homos… that's homosapiens if your mind was going south. Since Uncle Creighton was still in town, we wanted to show him how business is done in Colorado Springs.

Here is Daddy starting out the climb. Montezuma's tower is rated at 5.7 for the hardest portions but gets as easy as 2nd class in some portions. It's good exposure desensitizing for steeper mouuntains. .

Image

I was already distraught that I didn't get to climb so I decided to bark and bark while daddy ascended. In all actuality, I barked less than usual because I smelled a bitch in the area! Once again, I'm not trying to be dirty, I just meant a feminine canine. I think she was in heat!

Image

Uncle Cre got scared as he anticipated the climb and the adrenaline was running for his first climb in the Garden. It appeared that he actually sharted in his pants. If you don't know what sharted means, please take the time to watch Along Came Poly.

Image

Daddy nearing the top of the first pitch.

Image

I snapped this photo of daddy at the top of the first pitch while I was running around. This rock can be climbed in 1 pitch but we climbed it in two to minimize rope drag.

Image

For wearing Mommy's purple BD harness and not being an experienced climber, Uncle Cre got the high legs in remembering his gymnastics background.

Image

More high stepping through the first bolt. Someone left me tied to a tree so I had nothing better to do but snap pics.

Image

Once again, another high step. I began to wonder if his legs were attached to his body.

Image

Since the previous pics were kind of zoomed in, here is a zoomed back shot of Uncle Cre approaching Daddy. I could have free soloed this climb if they let me.

Image

Down below, I stared at some pigeons in some precariously blocked rocks. What you don't see in this report is the literally hundreds of tourists taking photo's of my family. I wonder how many people's coffee tables we are sitting on with our climbing.
Image

Finally, Daddy and Uncle Cre were secure at the first pitch and Uncle Sean and Uncle Matt were able to begin their climb. I was about to run out of stick throwers.

Image

Zoomed in of Daddy and uncle Cre

Image

Daddy leading the second pitch

Image

Sean, Cre, and Daddy

Image

Zoomed back for effect

Image

Uncle Sean trying to belay uncle Matt who is so fast. He only wishes he was as fast as me but I guess that's why I wasn't allowed to climb. I was stuck on the ground with babies putting dirt on me.

Image

Finally, 4 freaks on the summit

Image

See… I told you… The dirt.. I like kids but really?

Image

I have never seen all 4 of these humans pay attention to the same thing like this. Cindy Crawford must have walked by.

Image

Once again, Zoomed back for effect. They hung out forever up there. It was like they were punishing me for barking. It takes 2 ropes to make the ground from Montezuma's tower. One 60 Meter or even one 70 Meter will not get you there.

Image

Finally, Uncle Matt came down.

Image

Then uncle Sean…

Image

And then Uncle Cre

Image

And last, daddy like a dirty hippie with no shoes.

Image

While I was busy recruiting stick throwers on the ground, Daddy was able to snap these next few pics with his new phone.

Sean and Matt over midget trees

Image

Uncle Matt going down

Image

And Uncle Cre.

Image

And last a farther away shot as we left…

Image

Uncle Cre, good luck on your journey back to Germany.


No comments:

Post a Comment