Search This Blog

Monday, December 23, 2013

Training Week 16 to 22 December

Weekly Totals:
  • Miles: 48.4
  • Time: 9:31
  • Gain: 8,343'
  • Beers: 9 (plus a couple shots of whiskey and 2 white Russians)




  • Monday 16 Dec: First day out after the Sawmill 50k+ on Saturday. The GPS watch died after a few minutes out today. It was kind of a surprise because the Garmin 310xt is supposed to last like 16-20 hours and I had it fully charged before running 7 hours the otherday and it couldn't handle today. Perhaps I left it on when I uploaded it to the computer the other night... Otherwise, that is kind of depressing for very long ultras. I ended up doing the standard lunchbreak 8 miles at schriever with walking warmup and cooldown. Perhaps I was a bit slow? Who knows today the last half mile before the cooldown, I felt a little tired. I tried to push at normal MAF effort throughout. All the sugar yesterday and I had to make an emergency pit stop a couple of miles in before I shipped my pants. This is getting a little long for the daily journal but I decided to start Apple Cider Vinegar into my diet a few times a day based off the recommendation from a close friend.

    Running Stats:
    • Miles: 8.1
    • Time: 1:16:00 (Just a guess)
    • Pace: Who knows but if I was at normal, 9:00
    • Gain: 191'
    • Surface: All on the rocks
    • Additional: NA. Wanted to but thought I would give it another day to purge the free radicals.
    • Feelings: Felt pretty good. Hip flexors and calfs a little tight but not horrible.
    • Weather: Kind of dry but very nice. Mid 50s and maybe 5 mph wind.

    Diet Stats:
    • Breakfast: Herbal Tea with Honey, 3 cups black coffee, scrambled eggs with turkey bacon, cheese, red and green bell, and onion.
    • Lunch: Was a little late today but had left over crockpot beef roast, gourmet spinnach salad (too much blue cheese), brocco sprouts, and almonds. Finished with some ACV in water and then EmergenC to help the immune system out after what I did to it.
    • Afternoon Snack:
    • Dinner: Beef Stew and pumpkin soup, a piece of pumpkin pie, ACV with honey and water
    • Beers: 0
    Tuesday 17 Dec: Was feeling kind of sore all day and spent a good deal of time on my feet for work. Went out for the standard double 4 mile loop for 8 miles. The stomach started hurting and I had to cut it a few miles short. By the walking cooldown, I could barely contain my excitement if you know what I mean. I think the ACV has cleaned me out officially or else I had a different issue. It was like draino for my body.

    Running Stats:
    • Miles: 5.8
    • Time: 54:00
    • Pace: 9:08
    • Gain: 138'
    • Surface: Pavement
    • Additional: NA
    • Feelings: Stomach problems major.
    • Weather: Mid 40s and breezy

    Diet Stats:
    • Breakfast: 2 cups black coffee, 1 cup herbal tea with honey, scrambled eggs with ham and veggies
    • Morning Snack: Gourmet salad with feta cheese and olive oil and ACV.
    • Lunch:
    • Afternoon Snack: Beef Stew leftover and brocco sprouts
    • Dinner:
    • Beers: 0

    Wednesday 18 Dec: Where do we start? I think it ended up being a rest day but I haven't been on here in a couple of days. It was more of an unplanned day due to the cause for work but I'm sure I needed it after the Sawmill 50k+ last weekend.

    Running Stats:
    • NA
    Diet Stats:
    • Breakfast: Black coffee, herbal tea, scrambled eggs with ham and goodies, ACV in water
    • Lunch: Gourmet salad (no meat) and then some lunch sandwich on cibatta and 2 oatmeal cookies. ACV and olive oil was on salad.
    • Dinner: Leftover Pumpkin stew, and some rasberries and peppermint ice cream, also ACV with water
    • Beers: 0 (2 white russians)
    Thursday 19 Dec: This day was all about volunteering and giving back to the community around my work. After wrapping up early afternoon, I didn't have time for original plans to hike Cameron's cone with my new friend Rocky (we actually haven't hung out yet). I decided to go check out homestead ranch just west of Peyton. There are 2 loops there with some good hills. I was able to do some combination of about 3 laps for just over 10 miles and 700' gain. Not bad for a 15 min drive from home vs. all of the way to the west side which I don't get to do too often.

    Running Stats:
    • Miles: 10.25
    • Time: 1:33:00
    • Pace: 9:10
    • Gain: 700'
    • Surface: Soft dirt
    • Additional: NA
    • Feelings: Awesome
    • Weather: Mid to upper 40s and a bitter wind.

    Diet Stats:
    • Breakfast: 5 Whole Wheat Pancakes, 2 fried eggs, 2 strips bacon
    • Morning Snack:
    • Lunch: Spaghetti, salad, several cookies (I lost count at 6)
    • Afternoon Snack: Small salmon pouch
    • Dinner: Subway oven roasted chicken on whole wheat with all veggies on foot long and new creamy sriacha sauce!, ACV with water
    • Beers: 0
    Friday 20 Dec: My birthday. I originally left work early to go grab about 12 miles before going to my party. Unfortunately, it wasn't early enough so I met my best good friend, Matt, and we hiked half of Cameron Cone to scope the route out.

    Running Stats:
    • Miles: 5.5
    • Time: 1:36:42
    • Pace: 17:40
    • Gain: 2,049'
    • Surface: Dirt, Snow, Ice
    • Additional: NA
    • Feelings: Awesome and great views of the clouds over the city.
    • Weather: Around 20 and Foggy. No wind.

    Diet Stats:
    • Breakfast: 2 Pancakes, Scrambled Eggs, ACV
    • Lunch: Potluck! Lots of sweets and some other random stuff.
    • Afternoon Snack:
    • Dinner: Sean Burgers, Chips and salsa, spinach quiche dip, veggies, quinoa with raspberry
    • Beers: 7

    Saturday 21 Dec: Well, I never went to sleep after my b-day party Friday night. The natural progression was right into a Blodgett peak sunrise hike so that's what we did. I may or may not have been slightly still buzzed but more importantly, I had some sort of food poisoning and had problems at both ends. Either way, It was great and we "slept" on the windy summit in sleeping bags for almost 2 hours.

    Running Stats:
    • Miles: 4
    • Time: 1:42:09
    • Pace: 25:30
    • Gain: 2,363'
    • Surface: Steep
    • Additional: NA
    • Feelings: Diarrhea twice and puked once
    • Weather: Single digits to teens before wind chill.

    Diet Stats:
    • Breakfast: Was really at about 11 am- Pumpkin pancakes (4) with ginger and maple, black coffee, bacon
    • Dinner: Was family b-day appetizers, lots of salami and other meats and cheeses, 7 layer bean dip, artichoke/mozzarella/green chili on French bread, Sierra Mist, 2 pieces pie.
    • Beers: 0
    Sunday 22 Dec: Was hoping for a longer run today to plus up the Incline club run a bit but I took Baz (the dog) and he is getting fat. I will say that even with a warm-up prior to the run and 2 detours, I was still over half an hour faster than when I was doing this run last year prior to the Pikes Peak Ascent. Probably closer to an hour without the extras. I was hoping to get 8 more and another 2k of elevation gain to French creek but Baz was barely able to walk when done and I just felt warmed up whereas I used to be done for the day after that run. I got some smart wool arm panties for my b-day and they were awesome for the run today.

    Running Stats:
    • Miles: 14.75
    • Time: 2:28:09
    • Pace: 10:03
    • Gain: 2,902'
    • Surface: 3" of snow over trail
    • Additional: NA
    • Feelings: Awesome. It got a little frigid in the shade.
    • Weather: Sunny but teens to start and low 20s to finish.

    Diet Stats:
    • Breakfast: 2 Hard boiled eggs, 2 strips bacon, ACV
    • Morning Snack: banana chips
    • Lunch: Large gourmet salad with salami and ACV
    • Dinner: Leftover b-day snacks, 7 layer dip, Pie
    • Beers: 0

    No comments:

    Post a Comment