Search This Blog

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Training Week 2 Dec to 8 Dec

Weekly Totals:
  • Miles: 31.27 (least since mid-oct)
  • Time: 4:32:48
  • Avg Pace: 8:43
  • Gain: 574'
  • Beers: 7 (and 2 glasses wine)




  • Monday 2 Dec: And the races are off... I kicked off the week with the standard 8 mile double loop on my lunch break. Still a bit sore from Saturday's run and lack of sleep thanks to my son last night. Anyhow, my MAF splits were pretty much normal and I was glad for the last "nice" weather day for the next few while we receive an arctic blast.


    Running Stats:
    • Miles: 8.02
    • Time: 1:12:22
    • Pace: 9:01
    • Gain: 120'
    • Surface: mostly pavement
    • Additional: na
    • Feelings: great. got a little tired mile 6 to 7
    • Weather: 56 deg and about 3 mph breeze with light clouds

    Diet Stats:
    • Breakfast: Herbal Tea with Honey, 1 serving Oatmeal with 2 t. Brown Sugar, 2 cups black coffee
    • Morning Snack: string cheese, strawberries
    • Lunch: Turkey and cheese sandwich on whole wheat, cutie, 1 cup broccoli, 1 cup cashews.
    • Afternoon Snack:
    • Dinner: Leftover Potato Soup and somethign else (can't remember) oh yeah... BBQ chicken and asparagus.
    • Beers: 0
    Tuesday 12 Nov: Got short on time for the run today and with the storm coming in, I didn't want to wait to later and find out how much worse this arctic blast was going to be. I ended up going just over 7 mins with no warmup or cooldown at a 7:36 even without the wind. My Avg heartrate was probably 165.

    Running Stats:
    • Miles: 7.14
    • Time: 54:22
    • Pace: 7:36
    • Gain: 180'
    • Surface: 50% rocks 50% pavement
    • Additional: NA
    • Feelings: Great considering the wind. Calfs got a little sore running that fast in the zero drops.
    • Weather: low 50s with 10-15mph wind (maybe more)

    Diet Stats:
    • Breakfast: 3 cups black coffee, herbal tea with agave, giant breakfast burrito at King's Chef. It was awesome and smothered with wonderful green chile.
    • Morning Snack:
    • Lunch: Spinnach salad with turkey kielbasa and other veggies, string cheese, cup of almonds
    • Afternoon Snack:
    • Dinner: Spaghetti, brussel sprouts, chips and salsa
    • Beers: 0

    Wednesday 13 Nov: Cold Running was the name of the game today. Until this year, I have been a "seasonal" runner. While I started last January, this is my first serious winter. I was dreading the dread mill so i decided i would at least attempt for a true mile outside and then go inside. I ended up doing 8 miles. I experienced a new problem I never had. With around 10 degrees before the 20 MPH winds. During my second lap, north travel made me really cold in places I have never been before. I had to run backwards to get a break for a while.

    Running Stats:
    • Miles: 8.04
    • Time: 1:09:04
    • Pace: 8:34
    • Gain: 174'
    • Surface: Paved
    • Additional: 2 mile cooldown/warm back up inside on recumbent bike.
    • Feelings: Good.
    • Weather: 10 deg or less and 20+ MPH winds

    Diet Stats:
    • Breakfast: 2 over eggs, 1 serving oat meal with brown sugar, herbal tea with agave, black coffee
    • Lunch: Spinnach salad with turkey kielbasa and other veggies and nuts, string cheese, apple, cutie
    • Afternoon Snack:
    • Dinner: Christmas party, Filet Mignon, Rice, green beans, 2 pieces cheesecake.
    • Beers: 0 (2 Wine)
    Thursday 14 Nov: Woke up with another cold today. Oops. Taking a break today to let the body heal durin the negative temps. Hoping tomorrow is at least 10 deg warmer for healthy outside running to resume.

    Running Stats:
    • NA
    Diet Stats:
    • Breakfast: Scrambled eggs with goodies.
    • Morning Snack: too much chocolates and goodies
    • Lunch: chef salad
    • Afternoon Snack: biscuit with ham, mayo, and cheese
    • Dinner: 2 Chicken Fajitas
    • Beers: 1
    Friday 15 Nov: I hibernated for over 9 hours last night and it is still reall really cold. I waited and waited for it to get to the high of 11 but it never got higher than 5. I finally got out and did 4 miles outside and 4 inside on the dreadmill.

    Running Stats:
    • Miles: 8.07 (4.07 outside and 4 on treadmill)
    • Time: 1:17:00
    • Pace: 9:32
    • Gain: 100'
    • Surface: Dirt, rocks, and a rubber belt
    • Additional: 3 circuits of 10 pullups, 50 crunches, and 25 pushups
    • Feelings: meh. the stuffy nose may have slowed me down. the cold can't be an excuse because I was about 30 sec slower per mile than 2 days ago when the wind was way worse.
    • Weather: 5 deg with 7 mph wind. (Feels like -10) ouch.

    Diet Stats:
    • Breakfast: 3 eggs over easy, some turkey kielbasa, some honey doo melon, plain yogurt with blue agave, herbal tea with blue agave, 3 cups black coffee
    • Morning Snack: apple, cup of walnuts, lots of chocolate!
    • Lunch: spinach salad with ham, avocado, jalapeno cheese, nuts, and other stuff, orange, banana
    • Dinner: Pizza, hotwings, Brussel sprouts
    • Beers: 0

    Saturday 16 Nov: Off day due to lack of time. Aside from the fact that it was still really cold, my day was filled with getting a Christmas tree, celebrating my dad's birthday and oh yeah college. Well my body can use the extra rest for next weekend's Saw Mill 50k+ Fat Ass race.

    Running Stats:
    • NA           
    Diet Stats:
    • Breakfast: Granola with almond milk
    • Morning Snack: sausage, sweet potato, egg hash, 2 muffins
    • Lunch: NA
    • Dinner: Beef Brisket, cole slaw, baked beans, corn bread (2 servings of each)
    • Beers: 3
    Sunday 17 Nov: Whaaaa? Another off day! I stayed up until after midnight working on a school lab that took way longer than I thought and ended up giving up. I'm not about to burn the candle at both ends so that was my excuse for not running to Barr Camp with the Incline Club this morning as planned to gain some verts. This is the first time to have 2 days off in a long while. I suppose its ok since I should "taper" for next weekend's event although it is supposed to be just training even though it will be the farthest I've ran and the most elevation gain I've ran in one day. I think I have done more gain mountain climbing before but it will nonetheless be a tough day that will require my best.

    Running Stats:
    • NA           

    Diet Stats:
    • Breakfast: kielbasa, potato, cheese, mushroom, green chili, and egg hash
    • Morning Snack: chips and salsa
    • Lunch: lunch meat, slice of cheese
    • Afternoon Snack:
    • Dinner: Eggplant Lasagna, 2x Servings
    • Beers: 3

    No comments:

    Post a Comment