Search This Blog

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Training Week 13 to 19 Jan 2014

Weekly Totals:
-No diet stats other than beer this week. That whole school thing is eating up my time and I got too far behind and can't remember what I ate. Just look at last week and that's pretty close minus a full out Mexican Meal one night and Jimmy Johns another.  
  • Miles: 74.3
  • Time: 12:13
  • Gain: 9,705'
  • Beers: 6 (and 3 glasses of wine)

  • Monday 13 Jan:
    Didn't have time to run on a lunch break today so I hit the treadmill at the gym at night. It was one of those nice Woodbridge treadmills. I was going 8 miles but my body was showing signs that was not a good idea. I was about a minute per mile slower at my normal 155 MAF pace than normal and worsening so I cooled down and called it a day at 6 miles. I hate cutting it short but clearly my body needed it. I then went to bed by 8:30 and slept until 6 AM.

    Running Stats:
    • Miles: 6
    • Time: 55:15
    • Pace: 9:13
    • Gain: 0
    • Surface: woodbridge treadmill 
    • Additional: NA
    • Feelings: I listened to my heart and it said to stop so I did.
    • Weather: Inside is hot!

    Diet Stats:
    • Beers: 0
    Tuesday 14 Jan: Was worried from yesterday and strapped for time so I got in a quick 4 miles at work with no real warmup or cooldown but got some good circuits after.

    Running Stats:
    • Miles: 4
    • Time: 30:31
    • Pace: 7:37
    • Gain: 89'
    • Surface: Pavement
    • Additional: 3 circuits of - 20 decline situps, 10 pullups, 20 hanging leg raises, and 20 pushups
    • Feelings: Wish I could have had more. The MAF was fixed from yesterday but went for short mileage nonetheless.
    • Weather: Brisk and breezy

    Diet Stats:       

    • Beers: 0

    Wednesday 15 January: Kicked a hard 8 miles today. The first 4 was a little slower and I probably only had time for that if I warmed up and cooled down properly but I got greedy with the lower mileage the past few days and got my 8. This was all on the dirt and rocks.

    Running Stats:
    • Miles: 8
    • Time: 57:49
    • Pace: 7:13
    • Gain: 191
    • Surface: Pavement
    • Additional: NA
    • Feelings: Felt very good and HR was much lower than when I did this last week.
    • Weather: Can't remember

    Diet Stats:
    • Beers: 0
    Thursday 16 Jan: Manitou Incline today before work. I think this may have been my fastest time car to car from Memorial park in Manitou despite the icy trails and complete darkness because I had to be at work at 7:30 vice the normal 8 AM. The plan was to get another 8 in the afternoon and then 8 same Friday before the fatass but my car got stolen while my dad was borrowing it and I had to deal with that. I think actual incline first to last step was around 31:30. Not bad after the hard 8 yesterday afternoon!

    Running Stats:
    • Miles: 6
    • Time: 1:18:09
    • Pace: 13:01
    • Gain: 2,310'
    • Surface: Dirt, Ice, Rocks, Trail, some street
    • Additional: NA
    • Feelings: Great but HR was a bit high.
    • Weather: 30ish and maybe 10mph wind.

    Diet Stats:
    • Beers: 0
    Friday 17 Jan: Today was back to the routine daily lunch 8 mile with full warmup and cooldown. That's a half mile walk to begin and end and half a mile after/before those at a slow jog. I was supposed to do the incline this morning again too but woke up and it was 14 degrees (feels like neg 2 in Manitou). I didn't wanna go see how cold it was at the top.

    Running Stats:
    • Miles: 8
    • Time: 1:10:35
    • Pace: 8:49
    • Gain: 250'
    • Surface: All on the dirt!
    • Additional: NA
    • Feelings: Great
    • Weather: Warm for winter but slightly windy.

    Diet Stats:
    •    Beers: 0

    Saturday 16 Nov: Ponderous Posterior Fatass today. Did the fatass run plus some bonuses such as kindergarten rock at the Garden and then around the north side of the Garden trails over to balanced rock and then up Manitou to the Incline, continuing on up Rocky Mtn. and Mt. Manitou which are both new summits for me. From Mt. Manitou back down through experimental forest to Barr trail and back down to Ruxton splitting off on Intemann and up and over to Red Mountain (both summits) which is also new for me and back down and across intemann getting lost in upper Manitou and making my way back down and around the high school on intemann again and down through the graveyard to Crystal Park Rd. and back up that to Intemann and over to Section 16 and the top of RRCOS and all of the way to the farthest east ridge back down to 31st street! Great times and met some new friends!

    Running Stats:
    • Miles: 27.8
    • Time: 5:19:36
    • Pace: 11:30
    • Gain: 6,657
    • Surface: Everything including a rock climb.
    • Additional: Haha. Just 12 oz curls after.
    • Feelings: Great. A little fatigued the last few miles obviously.
    • Weather: 60 and sunny!

    Diet Stats:
    • Beers: 3
    Sunday 17 Nov: Unexpected 2 a day today. Was lucky to get 1 run let alone 2. First run was 6.5 running out Rock Island Trail to Stapleton Rd. and back with the dog. For a recovery, I felt pretty good and still able to keep my Heartrate in the 145 to 150 zone as opposed to the normal 155. Got the full normal warmup and cooldown and Baz was hurting pretty bigtime. He needs to be getting out more and I am bad about that lately. Ran in the Merrell Trail Glove zero drop, zero cushion shoes both runs today. First run was great. Second I was regretting it, especially the second half on the pavement.

    Running Stats for run 1:
    • Miles: 6.5
    • Time: 57:39
    • Pace: 8:52
    • Gain: 44'
    • Surface: Dirt path
    • Additional: NA
    • Feelings: Tired quads but able to have a  great pace despite.
    • Weather: 60, sunny, and slight breeze.
    Running Stats for run 2:
    • Miles: 8
    • Time: 1:03:30
    • Pace: 7:56
    • Gain: 170'
    • Surface: Gravel/Pavement
    • Additional: NA 
    • Feelings: Last few miles got a little rough on the pavement.
    • Weather: Started upper 50s and got darker and colder to 40 deg.
    Diet Stats:  
    • Beers: 3

    No comments:

    Post a Comment