Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Just Commuting today

The weather is beautiful but the time change means that commuting on night shift provides for a cold morning. Before we jumped forward, the sun was able to warm things up a bit but it was still a bit cold this morn. Wind was supposed to be a slight tail wind but was a headwind. Didn't feel like riding super hard so I just pedaled. Tonight's ride back in was pleasant. Just cruised and not too hard. Nice easy day of riding with 28 total miles and 1k of gain. Planning on riding both ways tomorrow but wondering if I can get a run in. I am not supposed to do 3 a days any more and gotta watch the kiddo at home before sleeping. It either might not happen or I will have to skip the commute tomorrow night to squeeze in a run. Not imperative but I don't like to skip 2 days if I don't have to. Maybe it will be warm enough mid morning to push a stroller!

2 comments:

  1. Micah - YES I will see if I can pick you out on Saturday! Your training looks great. I'm wondering whether you might have your splits for last year at Salida. There's no way I'm going to run a 4 hour race, but I'm interested to see what they look like. I tried your Strava link, but it wouldn't upload the laps. Also do you expect the conditions this year to be similar to what they were last year? THis is the first time I've done this race so I'm curious about that as well. Your training seems to be going great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah long hair and a beard that is starting to look Amish. You might be able to pick me out from the boulder runners. Should be wearing bright green shorts. They are saying there is more snow on the course this year than the last 10 years so it should be fun. All of the elites will pack it down for us. Below are my splits. Looking at the course profile, if I would have just slowed down 30s to 1 min per mile on the ascent, I could have been well under sub 4. That should be a negative split and mine wasn't because I was out of shape and tried to pretend I wasn't. This year I hope not to burn so hot on the first half. Some of those splits I was in the 9 min range with over 400' ascent in a mile. Stupid! Good luck. Here they are.
    10:07
    7:26
    9:02
    9:24
    9:34
    8:24
    9:38
    9:12
    10:15
    9:47
    8:44
    9:09
    7:51
    9:29
    8:00
    9:43
    8:25
    8:36
    8:45
    8:55
    11:50
    8:55
    10:12
    10:26
    8:48
    8:08

    ReplyDelete