Search This Blog

Monday, November 4, 2013

Training Week 28 Oct to 3 Nov Review

So I saw this on other blogs and thought I would give it a shot. I always see how people did on races but they are never very specific on their training so I thought it could be neat if you are new to the world of Ultra Running such as myself, you can see what type of results come from what type of training. As you can see by the dates, I start my week on Monday and end on Sunday.

Monday Oct 28: Off Day from running. After my second ever 50+ mile week and my first one in a couple of months, this was an off day do get some much needed resto to avoid injury.

Tue Oct 29: 8 Miles 1:07:55 so 8:32 Pace. 162' of gain. The week before I hit my PR on 8 miles at 56:49 on the same course which is like a 7:06 pace but my IT bands have been slightly sore so I figured I would just run but slower. I almost had a disaster on this run as I forgot to empty my bowels first. I ended up walking mile 2 before finding a restroom so my average was still probably faster.

Wed Oct 30: 8 Miles 1:08:00. Same course as tuesday 162' of gain. In actuality I ran this even slower because I didn't have to walk a mile. Much of this was on the gravel next to the paved path though.

Thurs Oct 31: Last day of the month. 9 Miles with Sean 1:11:24 @ 7:54 pace. 177' of gain. Totaled month out at Personal highest of 162 miles.

Friday Nov 1: Another off day. I felt anxious to run but took the day off. Rest is important!

Sat Nov 2: Woke up and looked at the weather planning to run at dark early and found the temp to be 24 degrees so I went back to sleep. Ended up dropping the kid off at grandparents and heading up to Barr Camp from Memorial Park in Manitou. I was happy to finally get some elevation gain. The round trip time was 2:36 for the 15.3 miles starting right by the fire station. I hit Barr Camp in a PR of 1:36, refilled my water and shot back down. I don't know my exact time total because I tripped and smashed my phone a couple miles before the end but I was hitting a 5:45 to 7:45 pace pretty much the whole way.  I threw in 1 hour as that was my slowest for that even though I knew I was faster. This averages me at a 10:11 pace per mile and 3668' of gain. While I felt great on this, I did not feel so great trying to paint my house going up and down a ladder the rest of the day. 2 Beers during and after training.

Sun Nov 3: 10.05 miles first thing and it was SLOW!!! 1:29:20 is my slowest time ever but I was happy to be out there with the dog. Thats an 8:53 pace but I will note that I had a 15-20mph headwind on the way back on the out and back. The elevation gain was only 82'. 5 12 oz. Beers during and after painting.


Weekly total: 50.3 Miles, 7:32 hrs, Elevation gain 4,251', Body weight 177 after long run. Back to 180 the day after.

No comments:

Post a Comment