Search This Blog

Sunday, December 28, 2014

Training Christmas Week 22-28 Dec

Weekly Totals:

Miles Run: 52
Miles Biked: 2
Total Training Time: 9 HR
Elevation Gain: 3,550'
Beers: Too many... Maybe 12. Maybe more. It's Christmas!

Summary:
Well, I got my 50 miles running this week but total training time wasn't really more than last week. This was because my elevation gain was lacking. Also need to be getting the biking in. It is just so cold... Overall, I feel really good about the week. I feel like I am in the right spot for Leadman although having not paid for it yet, I am still weighing options to include Pacing at Hard Rock and running Fat Dog 120 among other races as an alternative. I know I am fully capable of finishing leadman but to do as well as I want (2 Big buckles), it will take a lot of training and dedication that I don't know if I want to sacrifice family time for. So there you have it, if I decide to do leadman, I need to be ok with the training volume that I can work in. Most biking will be from work commuting and generally running most days with a long trail type of run on most weekends. While somewhat ashamed of my total annual miles, I am quite happy with how December is shaping up so far and excited for the prospect for January although I don't think I will surpass the numbers from Jan this year.


Mon 22 DEC: Off day. Had to drop car off at mechanic and wanted family time in the evening so I took the day off of running to sleep early. Legs are still slightly sore from yesterday. No beers today.
 
Tues 23 DEC: Got 8 Miles in around the hood today. Was super super windy.
 
Running Stats:
  • Miles:8
  • Time:1:15:27
  • Pace: 9:25
  • AVG HR: 148
  • Gain: 120'
  • Surface:Paved/Gravel
  • Feelings:Good to be out. Was very windy.
  • Weather: Cold and very windy.
  • Route: Rock Island to Stapleton and back down through the hood.
Splits
9:44, 9:08, 9:36, 8:32, 8:39, 8:33, 9:42, 11:23
Wed 24 DEC: Got in another 8 today. Christmas Eve! Also Biked to the store for 2 miles RT!
 
Running Stats:
  • Miles: 8.08
  • Time:1:15:49
  • Pace: 9:23
  • AVG HR: 144
  • Gain: 80'
  • Surface: Gravel
  • Feelings: Ok
  • Weather: Cold
  • Route: Rock Island to 4 mi tag.
Splits
 11:18,  8:27,  8:22,  8:40,  8:52,  8:51,  8:52,  11:17

Thur 25 DEC: Was going to sneak out mid day but got caught up making pumpkin pie so no run today. Just enjoyed the fam.
 

Fri 26 DEC: Although cold, I managed 12 today. Went up through the greenway trail in the hood up to stapleton, crossed into construction over to the high school cross country trail, back to stapleton, over to 24 and down rock Island to home. The north wind hurt a bit but running south felt much better. The original plan was 18 (round trip to Peyton) but didn't think I could stand 9 straight miles of the bitter headwind without break. Happy Anniversary to my sister and her husband today.
 
Running Stats:
  • Miles: 11.92
  • Time:1:52:00
  • Pace: 9:23
  • AVG HR: 147
  • Gain: 300'
  • Surface: Mixed
  • Additional: NA
  • Feelings: Felt good. HR was all over at one level exertion. Wondering if my HRM is working properly.
  • Weather: Cold and bitter N Wind.
  • Route: Rock Island to 4 mi tag.
Splits
11:11, 9:08, 8:25, 9:32, 9:23, 8:39, 7:58, 8:38, 9:02, 8:47, 9:19, 11:52
 Sat 27 DEC: Went for the C.R.U.D run today. Thermometer said 10 degrees at the start with the 4 of us. Didn't feel as cold as yesterday because there was virtually no wind. Should have held off with a snot rocket in that temp though. Got a bloody nose that went on for miles. CRUD group did about 10 before calling it a day. I went back up and out and got another 10 in RRCOS, Bear Creek Park and Section 16. I brought Baz the dog today and he managed the whole way. I only had to wait a few times for him to eat the ice balls out of his paws. Happy anniversary to my mother and her husband today.

Running Stats:
  • Miles: 20
  • Time: 3:39:15
  • Pace: 10:57
  • AVG HR: 143
  • Gain: 3,000
  • Surface: Mostly single track, snow, not too much ice.
  • Feelings: HR was lower at perceived exertion than normal. Was hovering much lower and legs would have had trouble pushing to maintain MAF according to the watch. Can really feel fitness increasing but legs were sluggish on the steep climb up section 16 probably from the 12 miles the day prior. 
  • Weather: Cold but not windy.
  • Route: Red Rocks up to Bear Creek Park Loop, back to parking lot. Back up more west and connected to intemann to sect 16 CCW and back down into RRCOS via sect 16 TH and down to the car.
 Sun 28 DEC: Final run for the week. Just got out enough to say I did. Right knee was actually a little tight on ITB but was gone after warmup. Wore too much clothing and didn't drink enough water since yesterday. Pace reflects that.

Running Stats:
  • Miles: 4
  • Time: 39:17
  • Pace: 9:49
  • AVG HR: 144
  • Gain: 60'
  • Surface: Gravel
  • Feelings: Felt ok. MAF was 15-30 seconds slow. Probably a bit dehydrated.
  • Weather: Sunny and 20 deg. Medium West Wind.
  • Route: Rock Island to 2 Mile tag and back home. 
Splits:
10:42, 8:45, 8:41, 11:06


No comments:

Post a Comment