Search This Blog

Sunday, January 4, 2015

December 2014 Monthly Training Summary

Numbers:
Miles Run:190.1
Miles Biked: 83.3
Total Running Time: 33:58
Total Biking Time: 6:43
Running Elevation Gain: 21,930
Biking Elevation Gain: 4,118
Beers: Lots

I'm Back. That's the theme for December. After RRR 100 and then my bike accident in the fall, I took some much needed time off with no plan for running. I simply ran when I wanted to until this month when I finally decided to kick it back into gear and get ready for 2015. Overall, I ended up getting to do one Fatass to wrap up the year for my second time on the Sawmill Trail Run 50K (Thanks Sherpa John for hosting such a stellar event).  My running is now officially up to par for where I should be now with a plan for a slow ramp up after a couple months of base building. As for the biking... That's another story. December sure is a hard month to ride. I got in some good miles early in the month when it was unseasonably warm and then came the wind. Then came the cold. Wind and Cold already suck when running but they doubly suck when biking. It can really bite you when moving faster. Anyhow... Excuses excuses. After the end of this month, I realize that I am not where I was at Dec 31st last year. That said, I feel I am still in the right place. Last year, I did too much too soon paired with cutting off running and switching to biking in order to try and save money and get out of debt. My training ended abruptly and it reflects greatly in the first half season of my racing. Anyhow.  Cheers to 2015 and what it may bring to family, health, friendships, and personal goals.




Loose Training Goals for Jan as I start Leadman training officially with an unofficial plan:

Miles Run: 200
Miles Biked: 150
Total Running Time: 36 Hours
Total Biking Time: 15 Hours
Running Elevation gain: 25,000'
Biking Elevation Gain: 12,000'


No comments:

Post a Comment