Search This Blog

Sunday, January 18, 2015

Training Week 12-18 Jan 2015

Weekly Totals:

Miles Run: 49.1
Hours Run: 9:49
Running Elevation Gain: 7,398

Miles Biked: 64.1
Hours Biked: 3:47
Biking Elevation Gain: 1,237'

Total Training Time:13:37
Total Elevation Gain: 8,830'

Summary: All in all. Very happy with the week. There was one point where I was thinking I would have a 60+ mile week but it didn't end up happening. While I barely missed my 50 mile weekly running goal, I did have more elevation gain than normal and I also had better biking numbers. I borrowed a bike trainer this week and also ordered some rollers on line so I will be using those on colder days to ensure I get the pedal cranking time. This week, I realized that Salida Marathon is only 2 months away so it is time to be serious. I will be still doing base building at MAF HR only the next 2 or 3 weeks and then begin to pick up intensity before that race for a few weeks. The goal is to maintain (if not slightly increase) weekly running mileage and time while continuing to increase biking weekly mileage. There is no reason why I shouldn't easily be hitting 100 miles per week minimum on the bike.


Mon 12 Jan: Was hoping to get in a last minute yog today before departing the South but my son decided to wake up at 3 this morning. After not going back to sleep for 2 hours, I finally drove to the store to get some milk to get him back to sleep. It was also raining and the legs were hurting from the pavement so an extra rest day won't hurt. I will get mileage forced this week with the fatass Saturday.


Tues 13 Jan: After getting home from traveling somewhat late last night. I was up early determined to get some verts after being deprived last week. Went and got the dog from my sisters on the way and rocked the incline. First time not carrying a kiddo since it has reopened. After being surprised on my warmup how I could cruise up at low heart rate, I had a pleasant time on the incline. There was a fresh blanket of snow laying down some grip on the ice yet. I am refusing screws in the shoes and so far so good. I just maintained the normal 155ish heartrate average throughout. The legs and calves were sore a bit still from pavement but I was happy with the result being just under 35 minutes first to last stair. Barr trail was also nice with the fresh snow coming down.


Running Stats:
  • Miles: 6.3
  • Time:1:23:46
  • Pace: 13:18
  • AVG HR: 149
  • Gain: 2,300'
  • Weather: 18 degrees at the start
  • Route: Mem Park to incline and return via Barr.

Wed 14 Jan: Got in 8 mi around the hood. Surprised at how long the snow is sticking around. Is this the East coast? Had to piece together a route that wasn't so deep. Ended up with more pavement than I wanted. Seemed hard to get the legs moving. Pavement and minimalist shoes last week really did a number on me.

Running Stats:
  • Miles: 8.0
  • Time:1:18:50
  • Pace: 9:45
  • AVG HR: 146
  • Gain: 185'
  • Weather: Mid 30s.
Thurs 15 Jan: Still lots of snow out there. What the heck? Got up early and went to the gym for 20 on the exercise bike. Tried to maintain 154 HR as well as possible. Seems much harder to do on a bike than running. Got 20 mi there and then an 8 mi run later today. The HRM dorked up again during the run. Maybe too much sweat got in there this morning. Legs felt normal at slower speeds but it felt harder to run at 8 min pace than normal. Was nice to wear a tshirt and shorts. Still wore gloves. Wished for ear cover still with cold wind.

Running Stats:
  • Miles: 8
  • Time:1:13:06
  • Pace: 9:27
  • AVG HR: Who knows
  • Gain: 165'
  • Weather: Mid 40s.

Biking Stats:
  • Bike: Recumbent bike.
  • Miles: 20
  • Time: 1:10:00
  • Avg Speed: 17.1 MPH
  • Power: NA
  • AVG HR: 151
  • Gain: 0'
Fri 16 Jan: Was planning on getting up early again for another 20 mi on the trainer but decided it was prudent to do schoolwork instead while the baby was sleeping. During nap time, I squeezed in a 30 mi loop around the area with a surprise climb on a wrong turn. Was good to turn the pedals for a couple hours. I took the MTB because I was still worried about lingering loose gravel. Moved back the clips on the shoes and my right foot is still going numb. Going to move it back more. Went out for a run after but called it a quitz very shortly. Legs were jelly and wanted to have something for the fatass tomorrow.

Running Stats:
  • Miles: 2.1
  • Time: 22:19
  • Pace: 10:25
  • AVG HR: 144
  • Gain: 33'
  • Weather: Upper 40s

Biking Stats:
  • Bike: MTB
  • Miles: 30.2
  • Time: 1:55:54
  • Avg Speed: 15.6
  • Power: 225W
  • AVG HR: 144
  • Gain: 1,038
Sat 17 Jan: CRUD FATASS Today. Got in a good steady cruising effort. Never pushed too hard. Just had fun and ticked off the miles. Somehow ended up running alone after first long loop turnoff from there to the end. Still had fun running and then socializing afterwards for a while. No bike today although the weather was nice enough I could have ridden to work.

Running Stats:
  • Miles: 24.9
  • Time: 5:31:49
  • Pace: 13:20
  • AVG HR: HRM quit working after a few miles.... GRRR
  • Gain: 4,715
  • Weather: Very windy to start. Got up into upper 40s down low. Never needed a jacket.

Sun 18 Jan: Just a bike to work today. After not sleeping well Friday night and getting up early for the Fatass and having no nap afterwards and working all night saturday night, I was not too enthusiastic about a run this morning. I wanted to sleep. So I did. After waking, I preferred family time to a Run so I skipped out today. Probably isn't a bad thing as recovery is important too although I'm not too sore. Was a nice night to ride into work though. I put some smoother tires on my cross bike and it made me pretty fast even at medium to easy effort.


Biking Stats:
  • Bike: Crossbike
  • Miles: 13.95
  • Time: 41:48
  • Avg Speed: 20 MPH
  • Power: NA
  • AVG HR: Monitor Finicky. Probably avg low 130s.
  • Gain: 200'

No comments:

Post a Comment