Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Churning the wheels

Well after almost a 3rd full day of no exercise, I am getting antsy. My body is used to a routine and now I am having to break that to ensure I heal. That said, my toe was quite a bit less swollen so I decided to ride into work tonight. The ride went OK. I had a tailwind most of the way so although the effort was low, I made great time. The toe felt OK but to be honest I did feel it on the climbs when I had to mash it a little more. It wasn't excruciating but I did feel manageable discomfort. What I was not expecting was the pain in the knee on the same side. I am guessing this is either caused from the trip as well or else walking with an abnormal gait the last 2 days. It felt to be in my LCL but I hope that just goes away with time. Well, I will get a ride home tomorrow, bad weather or not and then the next couple days are not supposed to be nice so it might be some indoor riding. I have no goals this week other than ride some and recuperation. Next week, I plan to commute 5 days as I move back into day shift and also get at least one weekend long ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment