Search This Blog

Monday, April 6, 2015

Healing fast

Just bike commuting today for my first day back to day shifts. Had a nasty headwind on the way in after my son keeping us up puking all night. Dragged through the day and rocked the ride home with a cross sort of tailwind. Wind was too bad and I was lacking the extra 30 mins needed to ride to the foot appt. anyhow commute home was faster than in despite the 800 foot climb vs downhill coming in. 

Best news was hat the podiatrist said the foot is healing extremely fast. I can begin walking and running in 2-3 weeks. This is introduce slowly though. Not normal volume or play catch up. Still great for me. I will continue hot tub, icing, eating turmeric, and taking astaxanthin along with tons o' cycling. Might be setback slightly for the first Leadman race but that small a,out won't matter compared to the Hundy. I also will have a much better shot at the Ridgeline Rampage bike race this month later. First bike race ever and 50 mi w 5k of gain. Getting excited. 

Until next time... 

See you at the top!

No comments:

Post a Comment