Search This Blog

Monday, April 20, 2015

Garmin Ant+ dead plus broken toe update

I've been a little quiet on here the past couple of weeks. I accidentally broke my ant+ usb plugin to upload workouts from my watch so I have ordered another. The toe is healing up nicely but still have some pain when I move it too much. That said, the reduced volume in running has come at a good time while I wrap up my Master's thesis and have had tons of extra work stuff. Either way, I am still getting enough biking to maintain fitness. I haven't got the 150 miles per week as planned but I have gotten over 10 hours per week and this past week over 9k feet of climbing on the bike so I am staying solid. Also have not gained too much body weight. I did the incline one day once last week and came back down the incline so I didn't have to run downhill. I also didn't run to or from it but rather parked right there at the bottom. At 155 heartrate effort, I was at 32 minutes which is actually faster than other times at same. This may be due to increased leg muscle from all the biking. I dunno. I did my first run yesterday exactly 3 weeks after breaking the toe. I just did 4 flat miles on the Rock Island trail. It felt great. I was wearing the Altra Olympus 1.5 for extra cushion and felt nothing but a little different feeling. No pain unless I made sudden movements such as turning so that was good to see. Surprisingly, my MAF pace didn't get too much worse and it may not be any worse considering how windy it was during the run. Consistent biking has really kept me level but not necessarily getting any fitter for running. Still have to work to earn back those running specific movements and muscles on a slow build. As the toe feels better and better, the running volume will continue to increase until the Leadville Trail Marathon and biking may even drop slightly to accommodate missed time at some point. After that, it is full game on in both sports again but with heavier focus in running since that makes the bigger time gains overall in Leadman. The near future will include shorter distance runs to ease back into it and a consistent focus on the biking. I may take it a bit easier late week to do better on the Ridgeline Rampage 50 mile mtb race in Castle Rock on Saturday. I will try and post the weekly training summaries for the past couple of weeks in the next day or two.

Until next time...

See you at the top!

No comments:

Post a Comment