Search This Blog

Friday, February 13, 2015

MTB around the west side

Fri 13 Feb:Was going in for a run today with the bro in law but realized the bike miles were a bit lacking and I could run with CRUD tomorrow morning. Rode the MTB out from the inlaws through Ute Valley. Came out down by I-25 between Rockrimmon and Garden of the Gods. The plan was to make it to Rampart Range Road and up a bit on this 2 hour ride before heading back but the ride up Garden of the Gods Avenue and getting into the Garden took a while. I decided to hit up the MTB trails on the SE side of the park. After a lap there, I looped the garden and headed down the backside to balanced rock. I was going to ride down from there to the Midland trail and back down to Sante Fe and back up to Woodmen and back up through the neighborhood but once I saw Ridge Road, I had to ascend back up into the Garden. hit up another set of MTB trails there and rode back up 30th to Centennial and back up the steep hill into Ute Valley and finished out a lap there and back up to the house. 24 Miles in just under 2 hours with over 2K of gain. Solid day out in the sun with no nutrition but water. Oh. Got an interesting proposition to write for an adventure Magazine so this could be exciting. Not sure if it will be about climbing, biking, or running at this point. Maybe all of them...

No comments:

Post a Comment