Search This Blog

Monday, February 16, 2015

Snow Run Starting to push pace

Did a quick 6 around the neighborhood this morning with the pup after getting off of work with a fresh breakfast and coffee sloshing around in my belly. Decided to push the pace a bit to build a little speed for Salida. Have been doing so much MAF aerobic system work that I think I kind of lost my Fast twitch fibers. Last year at this time I remember doing a 10 miler with 7 min flat splits. Not the case today. I think I averaged about 7:30 the first 4.5 miles and then my quads felt like rocks. I decided to take it easy coming in to finish. Got my speed work but do not want to get injured. I did feel the quads a bit last night on the rollers before work so they were probably not fully recovered from that either. Either way, a soak in the hot tub was nice after. Probably will only be another 1 workout day tomorrow. Planning to just ride into work at night if the weather permits. Otherwise I will be doomed to another hour of hot indoor boring riding shredding rubber onto the hardwood floors. Probably will do a couple of other tempo and interval efforts over the next few weeks to build speed back up. It was snowing pretty good and I was running in about ankle deep powder and slipping a bit. Got a picture of my first Ice Beard ever but forgot to get it from the wife. I will try and post in the next couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment