Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Another Rest day!

Two rest days? Now that is unheard of. Got home from work this morning and the weather was beautiful but I just didn't want to go out... SO I didnt. Woke up early enough to get a jog in before class... but I didn't.  Was hoping to get in a spin after class but it lasted too long and I had to go to work. I actually believe my body was telling me it needed another day. I haven't had 2 days off in quite a while and fighting the cold that my wife and son both have can use all the power it can get. Tomorrow I will be back at it for sure. In the mean time, I am going to go on believing that the second day will help far more than hurt.

Got all my housing locked down for the Leadman events now. After striking out in Leadville proper with 400 dollar x 4 night minimums or 1 week min stay for other houses, I decided to go with Buena Vista. Turns out due to weekly rates that it is cheaper to stay in one house the entire 10 day spread between the bike race and the run 100 that I booked the whole time. Will be a little further to port back and forth but a solid home base with solid recovery time without a lot of moving stuff. BTW, VRBO has been a good way to book vs. trying to find rental companies direct. They have been helpful but working with individual owners has been more pleasant.

Until next time.

See you at the top!

No comments:

Post a Comment