Search This Blog

Friday, March 13, 2015

Big day tomorrow

This is not the trainin week I intended it to be.  Wanted another solid 15 hour week but it's not looking like it will happen. Sometimes life just gets in the way. After a strong start with 3 days consecutive bike commuting, I went for my run wed when I should have napped off the night of work first. Right off the bat, my MAF was off and I was struggling to keep the pace under 9 min/mile at 155 hr.  I should have cut it short but I kept hoping things would get better. Soon enough I was 6 miles out from the house and had to make it back. Even on the way back, my dog struggled despite the slow pace. He hadn't been out much the past couple weeks. Given the situation, we walked the last 2 miles home and kept it easy at over 11 for the day. Coming home, I had to take a trip to the emergency room with a fam member that ended up keeping me up to the 30 hour mark. No nap and to bed at 11 with so long up I slept in and didn't have time for a morning run. Got in a good nap Thursday afternoon instead of the incline since I was still lacking on sleep I napped and went straight into online class then straight to founders mug club night at the new JAKs brewing. It was a great time meeting the owners and Brewers and I was there until 10:30ish. I haven't been drinking too much beer these days so 5 beers there did a number on me unless it was something else. I found myself puking and with stuff out both ends at 3 am. Unfortunately, that lasted about hourly until after 1 pm today. Not the start I wanted for the day and ended up missing my 2-3 hour planned trail ride in Salida. Might have been ok since it did rain in the afternoon up here. I managed to hold down some broth finally this afternoon followed by some coconut water and Gatorade on the drive up. After arriving to Salida on roughly $4 of gas (56 mpg) I got checked in at the hostel, which I highly recommend, and walked over to pick up my race number. There was good daylight still so I got a good 4-5 mile rt hike in up to the first aid station for the race tomorrow and was surprised at how dry things were. I imagine the other half of the course will be a different story but it will be an adventure as always. I was feeling good and like my hydration was catching back up so I am feeling good about tomorrow despite my shennigans today. If you are running this race tomorrow, good luck! Good luck to the HPRS members doing the 100k and the CS folks doing the st paddys 5k. 

Until next time...

See you at the top!

No comments:

Post a Comment