Search This Blog

Sunday, March 22, 2015

Summary of Training Week: March 16-22, 2015

Weekly Totals:

Miles Run: 50.8
Hours Run: 9:58
Running Elevation Gain: 5,259


Miles Biked: 100.8
Hours Biked: 6:10
Biking Elevation Gain: 1,929'
Total Power: TBD

Total Training Time: 16:08
Total Elevation Gain:7,041

Summary: 
I won't beat a dead horse because I posted most of the week's summary yesterday but the gist of the week is that I had a slow start after getting my butt kicked at Salida and then some crazy work hours. Mid week, I finally picked things up and got serious about things while I worked the kinks out and kept the heart rate lower than my normal training levels. I knocked out my 50 miles of running/hiking in four days in a row and was supposed to be doing bike intervals but kept finding other excuses. I found myself pretty short on bike mileage so I wrapped up the week by not only riding home from work this morning but also to church and then the long way home where I got harassed by a driver for the very first time. These punks were dumb enough to pull into the grocery store right down the street where they harassed so I biked right up and confronted them. Oh how I wanted to beat them into a pulp for running me off the road but instead I grabbed their plates and called the cops. I could have pressed charges but I didn't want to deal with the hassle with traffic courts. I left it up to the cop to talk to them and let them know they were lucky they didn't get charged and ticketed. Finished off the week with a final ride into work tonight and got the big 100 for the bike. All in all, Elevation gain was slightly low for the running and more than slightly lower than I wanted for biking but I can't complain. I was able to get in 16 hours of training time this week and the low heart rates were very good active recovery and I was left each time feeling better than before I started and was careful not to overdo. That puts me back on track for my 60 hour month as long as I stay consistent through to the end. As long as I can manage and balance the final weeks of school here, I hope to stay very consistent and pull some good trail runs and elevation gain and will be wishing I could have run Behind the Rocks. Good luck to all those who are.

Until next time...

See you at the top!

No comments:

Post a Comment