Search This Blog

Thursday, March 5, 2015

Definitely have a cold but plugging away

After two rest days cold or not, I needed to get something in. I didn't want the cold to exacerbate my problem so I went for my first go at the treadmill yesterday. I figured it would be a good time to lock in some quality speedwork. After warmup, I decided to do a progression run. 2 miles at 155 HR, 2 Mi at 165, and 2 mi at 175. After those I decided to bump up .2 MPH every .1 mi until I reached 195 HR. I didn't realize how hard it would be to hit 195 HR. Ended up getting to 10 MPH at 6:00 Min/Mile steady before I could finally get it to hit 195. Several months ago I was able to hit up in the low 200s but it was a chore to hit the 195 yesterday. I then cooled down. I imagine that being sick made my HR slightly higher given the effort but I was in the low 8's in the 155 range and then moved to the upper 7s in the 165 range and mid to lower sevens in the 175 range.

I decided to not push it with a bike workout last night because I was planning on doing the CRUD cheyenne canyon run this morning. Got up at 4:30 and was out the door by 5 to do the 5:45 CRUD run. Got to run with Rick today and we chatted all of the way up. I didn't feel like my effort was hard but I was around 170 HR most of the way up. Found myself cruising down with the guys at 7 flats and maintaining a sub 155 HR. Was a nice workout. After followup with a solid breakfast at the Western Omlette, I went for round 2 this afternoon on the bike. It was another go at the Spinnervals 39.0 Leadville Aerobic workout video. Got in a good solid 90 minutes but average HR was only in the mid 130s. Was definitely sweating hardcore though. Still feeling sick this afternoon with a sore throat and stuffy nose. Hopefully I am feeling better by Sat night because the weather is looking good for some bike commutes finally this weekend for work. Hoping to get the weekly incline trip tomorrow and then another spin on the bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment