Search This Blog

Saturday, March 7, 2015

Warm Weather is Back

Friday: Supposed to be a rest week but Friday the weather was too nice to resist and I found myself with several hours to spare. The original plan was to just do the incline so I decided to go all Leadman and bike there from my house and back which is about 25 miles each way. All in all, it was a great day. Had the added fun of carrying all my bike stuff up the incline with me because I didn't trust leaving it with my bike down in Manitou. On the way home, I got a pit stop Seeds Community Cafe for some lunch. Was just enough fuel to get me home feeling good still. Tried to ride Santa Fe trail to get back north but the mud and muck almost ate me alive. I escaped at some point and made my way back to Nevada Ave. to grind out my muddy chain and cogs. Never really pushed it hard on the bike or the incline and kept a lower heartrate mostly throughout to try and respect my rest week at least a little (like five and a half hours in a day is respecting rest :)

Saturday: Another nice day today but I took my son to the Motorcycle Show for some father, son, grandpa time. We had a blast today. I was going to ride into work tonight since it was the first time nice enough in quite some time but I really do want to respect the rest week. Being at over 9 hours already after yesterday, I was going to accumulate some serious time so it was very hard but I made the decision to not ride in. Tomorrow I might do a short run in the AM and then will definitely ride in as the next few nights look like prime winter commuting weather with low winds and temps in the mid to upper twenties at night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment