Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Summary of Training Week 9-15 March 2015

Weekly Totals:

Miles Run: 47.4
Hours Run: 8:11
Running Elevation Gain: 4,088'

Miles Biked: 69.7
Hours Biked:  4:37
Biking Elevation Gain: 2,910'
Total Power: ~2,644 kJ

Total Training Time: 12:49
Total Elevation Gain: 7,007'

Summary: 
Well not the week I was hoping to have but it is indeed over and this post is better late than never. Albeit having the rest week the week prior, I was hoping for big numbers this week. I started well with three days of bike commuting in a row and then a bad run on wed followed by an emergency room wait for a fam member keeping me up for over 30 hours and then hours of puking my guts out another day, I missed my mountain biking and run the day prior to the marathon and had a rough go at the marathon followed by a work emergency that disallowed me from further training once I was up for over 35 hours this time just a few days later. Luckily, I have learned enough that sometimes more is not better. If the stress levels are already and you continue training same same, you will pay for it and it will not be with positive results. We can just chalk that up as good lack of sleep training for the 100! While I didn't near the time I wanted in the marathon, I am confident in my training. At no point did I feel fatigued aerobically and felt like I was missing out on my fitness level (dang cramps). That is a good sign and I still enjoyed a beautiful day of weather trail running in the Colorado Mountains. With as poor is my time was, I am not disappointed as much as I could have been because of several reasons but mainly because it was not my fitness and the fact that I got to enjoy some bonus miles. I think thus far my training is appropriate and I just need to continue on. I guess time will tell as Leadman approaches and the results show. So far this week has been off to a slow start so it will be another week of lower numbers but none to fret. Just gotta stay consistent and enjoy the ride.


Until next time...

See you at the top!

No comments:

Post a Comment